Sunday 7 April 2013

Pipes Galore

Ah so I've finally got all the pipes into my scene. It took me a lot longer than I had expected, probably due to laziness and apathy more than anything, I just couldn't look at anymore pipes. So here are just a couple of shots showing all the pipes in level.




And this last one is what they look like from ground level. You can't see them all that well to be honest but I think they give the scene this sense of compactness, which is what I liked about these types of alleyways in the first place. And once I've got random bits of steam and running water off them I think they'll add a great deal of atmosphere. 

But the most important thing is that with this comes the last of the assets that need to go in. Now obviously I've only populated the alleyway but the areas that I'll block off will simply be done by me duplicating sections of the level so it won't take me long to fill those out later on in the project. So my task for today is to get the Up Vector working on my rain shader and hopefully I can generate the flipbook ripples for the ground textures and get that in and that should be the rain shader almost finished. 

However I think this is the last I'll look at it for a while as I've been feeling really stagnated in my work. So now that I have everything in level I can afford myself a break and make some big explosions cause at least that's fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment