Just a quick update. I've fixed a few things that I'd forgotten about but most importantly I finally found a good method for making better rain. So it looks much more coherent now. Unfortunately my PC is lagging the level a fair old bit at the moment so it wasn't until I uploaded this video that I realised that the misty elements I have in the new emitter are moving way too fast, but that's such an easy fix it doesn't bare talking about.
Now I'm onto the last little bits. Most of my day will be tweaking the post processing and trying to find a nice angle or two for the final screenshots. So you should probably expect an update either later today or tomorrow of several different angles whilst I deliberate over which looks best.